Monday, May 2, 2011

Smoked or not to be smoked

I am in the process of taking an extra large fire extinguisher and turning it into a meat flavoring machine. So far I have emptied the extinguisher and cut the top of it off. I have gathered all of the pipe and other necessary parts that I think I need. It is very interesting what you can do with a grinder and plasma cutter. Oh yeah, and I have welded on tabs to keep the lid from slipping off. This is a work in progress but I am posting pictures of what I have done thus far.


This is the top of the extinguisher with tabs welded on it.


Inside the extinguisher. I still need to remove the gas tube.



Another view of cut extinguisher.




Extinguisher put back together.


Jeremiah compared to extinguisher to show size.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Impressive! I'm so glad you included pictures b/c I totally wouldn't have understood what you were doing otherwise! I'm excited to hear how it works. We can compare smoked meats. :)

Cammie said...

Your middle name should be MacGyver. We look forward to testing it out the next time we are in town. Keep us posted on your progress.