May has thus far been a bit of an adventure. We've gotten colds, had a case of heat stroke and dehydratation while Bobby was working (don't recommend it), had the chickens eat all the peas in the garden (they are now confined to the coop indefinitely), had one rainstorm after another, Kali went on her first ward youth temple trip to Albuquerque (a total six hour drive round trip), got a new/old play set for Jeremiah from Bobby's cousin (thank you, thank you, thank you!).

This is Jeremiah trying out the swing portion of the playset. I think it's a smashing success, don't you? The grin tells it all.

Here is what the playset looks like. Complete with slide, telescope, ship steering wheel, and swing.

Oh Captain, my Captain! So glad this moment got caught on camera.

This month the Mia Maids are again in charge of the activity for Mutual. They choose to decorate flip flops, so the two tinies and I have been cutting up scrap fabric for that purpose.

Some of the material is in loops, which Jeremiah thinks make great boas, shawls, and other accessories to his wardrobe. He'll spend forever playing with them.

I dug out an old kitten hand puppet I got years ago. (My cat, since I'm allergic and couldn't get a real one inside). And may I say, the kid is a cat fanatic!!! Seriously. Real ones, puppet ones, the pictures in story books...he loves them all. Although we have got to work on
softly petting the neighbor's old gray cat that occasionally comes around. He just loves that twitching tail and has to pull it. Or do an entire body flop on her. Or pound on her ribs. Or poke her eye. I don't know why she keeps coming around....

Jeremiah loves to help me do whatever I am doing now. Like cleaning the floors.

We are working on walking. This is his little lion he pushes around on wheels. The nose lights up and then it makes various sounds when you touch the nose. We've noticed he has a preference for one particular little ditty it plays and will keep hitting the nose until he gets the right sound. Clever kid. He will now walk holding onto one hand and takes a few steps to Bobby or I. We're getting there!
1 comment:
Yay for more Jeremiah pictures! I can't wait to smooch that cute face in TWO days! (Yes, I am apparently THAT aunt). And I totally love that he has your Kitty. Someday, I'll pull Puppy out for Ellie. But he's rather delicate these days, so probably not for awhile.
Post a Comment