- Computer virus. Nasty one. Really, really nasty one. The computer techs who checked it out for us were amazed we could still access any files at all. Thank goodness we could, because I spent the night it appeared desperately backing up all photo files of Jeremiah that I hadn't done yet. Lesson learned - always immediately backup photos. I'd hate to miss any of these memories!
- Had computer virus removed. Decided to be more economical and spend 80 dollars versus the 500 for that awesome new laptop with it's sweet features. (Thanks to connections for the cheaper rate fix -- otherwise the new laptop would have been the better money choice!) But Bobby and I were sorely tempted. Very tempted.
- Started some garden seeds. And once they came up, I promptly froze a few of them by putting them outside on a day too cold. It's tradition.
- Replanted said seeds. Determine that a stable plant light would be a good thing. Maybe next year, huh?
- Spring Break brought a Mutual activity were the girls decorated cupcakes. Made candied violets in an extravagent moment of insanity for them to use. (I'm just glad I wasn't the Bishopric!!! They always get a bit of whatever treats we make. Beehives + icing + cupcakes = something I don't want to eat. There was more icing than cake in their creations. :) )
- Jeremiah caught his first high fever cold. It was a bad weekend. I hate sleeping in the lazy boy chair, but he was very clingy to Mommy and that was the only way he could get some rest. He talks more in his sleep when he's sick. And kicks more.
- Watched lots of movies during his cold. Now I have to wean our tv junkie off movies.
- Warmer weather means I introduced both boys to the great outdoors. Our Jeremiah has not only taken a liking to nature, but will throw a tantrum when we bring him back inside. He loves the rocks, the dirt, the grass, the neighbor's dogs, that other cool looking rock, sticks, the chickens, the ants, etc. He is fearless!! (M. is not so keen on the outdoors. He wouldn't get off the blanket the first time outside. J. however was not only off, but crawling into the flower beds with the prickly rosebush and would return there no matter how many times Mommy pulled him back.)
We gave Jeremiah a cup of water and a plastic spoon at dinner. He had a blast and I got completely soaked.
He likes to be hold your hand and walk more than crawl now. Our new game is to hold him upright and then let go and see how long he can balance on his own.
He loves to stand underneath the table still, but now he's starting to get too tall.
1 comment:
I'm SO happy your computer is fixed!! Not that I can't call you on the phone anytime, but those phone calls don't come with adorable pictures of my nephew, and it's really nice to be able to hear about what's going on with you guys without kids screaming in the background. ;)
Post a Comment