Thursday, February 4, 2010

Two months old


Jeremiah turned two months old last Friday. Unbelievable! This little guy is growing like a weed. Unfortunately, we had to include vaccinations as part of the big day. I'm just glad that Bobby was able to come with us for that particular doctor visit - I'd much rather be the one holding Jeremiah's hands and trying to soothe him than pinning him down for the nurse. (For the record, she did try. But she was quite pregnant and the large belly prevented her from being able to keep his legs from kicking out. So Super Dad stepped in.)
I'm quite pleased to say that he has nearly doubled in weight, at 11 pounds and 1 ounce now. He has also grown an additional two inches in height. No wonder we're having to phase out the newborn clothing and pull out the three month sizes.

He has also developed some new talents, like sleeping for five to six hour stints at night. (I thought it was a fluke the first time, but he's done it consistently ever since. Hurrah!) He will also now have smiling sessions with Mom. I smile, and he grins back. Makes my day every time.




4 comments:

Amy said...

He's beautiful

Kim said...

Oh, I miss Jeremiah! The photos are wonderful! How is the conjunctivitis clearing?
Give him a squeeze from grandma!

Jessica said...

Oh, look at that double chin!! Good job Mommy! He's growing so well. I love love his wide eyes.

Anna said...

What big bright eyes, and those cheeks are filling out. The newborn cry is probably gone now too, right? It flies by so fast (I promise) It was hard for me to admit when Willie outgrew the newborn clothes at 2 months, I wanted him to stay little forever.