Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dear Jeremiah

You've kept me smiling and laughing this morning with your antics. The funny little kicks you like to do let me know you're awake and keeping me company. The most amazing thing happened today - I felt you kicking and looked down and could see right where you were practicing your punches and gabs. Incredible.

I'm getting anxious to see you in person. I want to see what you'll look like, what kind of things you'll like to do, and especially your own little smile. I wonder what you'll be like as you grow up years down the road: what kind of a boy will you be, and then young man, and finally a full grown adult?

But I'm getting ahead of myself. So for now, I'm content to just feel your little wiggles as you zoom around and practice somersaults.

P.S. for now your name is "Jeremiah" because it's the only name your Dad and I agree on. Who knows though, it might change when we see you.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Lovely post. I've only seen my baby move one time- in 3 pregnancies! And for what it's worth, I think Jeremiah is a very nice name and could absolutely see that working for your child. If you keep calling him that is will probably stick. I hope you keep having many wonderful days.

Amy said...

Amen. On all counts.