We're on our last major house project, tiling the kitchen floor. It's about halfway done now but we're having a little bit of trouble getting it finished. Rocky has been out of our town for work and he was our tiling expert. Bobby and I tried to do it on Saturday, but as novices we are extremely slow going. Really slow going. And the fact we chose to lay it as a diamond instead of straight squares means we have a lot of cutting and correct measuring to do on all the edge pieces. We also discovered it helps to have a little bit of weight to help level the tiles - my jumping up and down on them had absolutely no impact. Very discouraging and also kind of funny.
And now Bobby has begun classes again and the Anatomy & Physiology course has a very heavy homework load (mostly busy work, but when do teachers ever consider that?) and will start another class on Thursday. (On a sidenote I flipped through his anatomy book and almost lost dinner. There's a good reason why I went into Humanities and those illustrations/photographs are the perfect reason why. The human body is a fascinating, but positively disgusting place. I'll admire in ignorance and as far away from real photographs as possible, thank you. Yuck.) And without Bobby's help, I'm lost on what and how to do the tile.
So our tiling completion day moves farther away, and with it, our long awaited move-in date.
2 comments:
LAST project! That's great! I hope it goes in quickly and you guys get to move in ASAP so we can finally come visit! I'll give you guys two months, after that I'll probably be too big to travel 7 hrs in a car comfortably, LOL.
It looks fantastic! And what a beautiful color of tile. Good luck supporting that anat class from afar. I certainly feel your pain.
Post a Comment