Friday, January 16, 2009

Quiet

Two years can be brutally honest. No hesitation to tell you exactly what is on their mind or what they think. Mya is two and managed last night to touch a nerve on something that I have had an issue with for years. "Why are you being so quiet?" she asked. "Quiet" - that word makes me cringe. Well, first of all, I didn't know that making a peanut butter sandwich required noise. And second, that's just the way I am.

(I'm taking suggestions for my new peanut-butter-making-sandwich-theme song. Something with flair but not too long. Maybe that will satisify her on my need to make more noise. I should have gotten points for not making gagging sounds over the peanut butter! It's a true sign of love that I'll make Bobby something I can't stand the smell of.)

Quiet. I really dislike that word when people use it to describe me. You have no idea how many times I've heard it applied to myself. . I really wish someone would at least find another adjective to use, even if it still means "quiet". And I really don't need anyone else to tell me that I'm quiet. Believe me, I ALREADY KNOW.

But I guess that things could be worse. At least I didn't get the question Priya asked her Grandma next. "Are you having a baby?" and when the answer was "no", the follow up question was "Then why are you fat?"

Maybe quiet isn't too bad after all. LOL!

6 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

My niece once told me it looked like there was a baby in my tummy. There wasn't. And isn't. :) Gotta love little kids. Kali, I totally love your blog! You are such a good writer.

Amy said...

Gotta love the 2 year olds!

I wanna hear the theme song when you come up with it (have you heard "I'm peanut butter and you are jelly"? It's a great song and fits with the "I love you" theme too.)

Also, in contrast to you thinking you're quiet, I think having a blog automatically un-quiets you, right? I hope so!

Jessica said...

Ha ha, only a kid can get away with saying stuff like that. Well, that and old people; like the time that Grandpa pointed out infront of the family all the weight I'd put on, lol. And I second the "I'm peanut butter and you are jelly" theme song! Jenny played it for me over Christmas break and it's way cute!

Anna said...

Peaceful. I have always loved how peaceful you are Kali. THereis always the classic Peanut Butter Jelly song. Jessi- Which Grandpa???? One is significantly older than the other.

Anonymous said...

Quiet... reserved... shy... snobby.... I have had them all applied to me! Little kids definitely have an interesting way of looking at things. My little sister told me a few weeks ago that she did not like my "spots" (freckles) on my face.

Anonymous said...

That's my favorite blog yet, Kali-Bali! I daresay there is very little that is actually quiet about you...it's just a cunning facade that you put on to fool us all :) Nah, but I love that about you. Oh, and you HAVE to listen to "The Peanut Butter Song" by Inside out. Just google "inside out+the peanut butter song+listen" and click on the first one that comes up.

...you're so sweet and I am chunky...