Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Domino effect

We finally, finally got to grout our kitchen tile floor last night. And I actually enjoyed it. (I've found an entire list of things I do not enjoy in this process, so it was nice to find something I actually do enjoy.) I was rather put out that I got stuck doing the side by the wall which takes a bit longer than the middle of the room, because than I got less to do. Oh well, at least it's done!!!

Which means...drum roll please...now we can seal it, wait a couple of hours, move the appliances out of the living room and into the kitchen, clean up the floors in general, move out tools, move all the construction material out of the house and into the shed or anywhere not in the house, finish the kitchen cupboards, purchase some groceries, move our last few boxes from the in-laws, take our bed and other junk over, and MOVE IN!!!

It's an absolutely beautiful domino effect.

Now, can we manage all of that in the next few days, attend school, and now write our talks to be given Sunday too? I surely do hope so! Phew!

(I have a word to say here about Bishopric members "giving the opportunity to speak in church". If you have ever gone through the process of moving, what would possess you to be sure the insanely busy people moving and really don't have any extra time to spare, have the chance to speak? Especially since they'll probably have to do it again in a few weeks in a completely new ward too? What was wrong with the last six months I ask you? And no, I won't be introducing ourselves and that whole thing 'cause we'll be gone the next week. Some farewell address! Can't you choose someone else who will at least have a reliable and predictable access to a computer?! Ugh. At least with the high council speaker, it'll only be ten minutes...)

3 comments:

halley said...

Hurrah!! That is sooo exciting! I can totally sympathize with you guys. You forget how nice it is to have your own space, your own stuff, and most importantly your time/ life back!

Amy said...

I'm happy for you! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Yay for speaking with high councilors - if you gotta speak, that's the way to go. :)

Jessica said...

YAAYYY! You're finally moving!! Now I can come visit!

Ooh, and good luck with the talks. That was just plain evil of the bishopric.