Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Accomplishments, small and large

Well, I felt that I ought to post something again, even when I don't feel that there is much to post about in my boring same old life. Only, I can say that I did an absolutely killer job mopping our kitchen floor. It was HORRIBLE!!! Five months of neglect during reconstruction, sanding our cupboards, painting, and everything else we've been up to left it in a sad state. That's an understatement. I was lucky to even find the floor. To give you an idea, I had to seriously sweep five times and then Bobby did it again. Only then could we see the linoleum. And it took forty-five minutes to mop it with the strongest ammonia cleaner in my possession to get the rest of the dirt off. That left it looking so much better, but still rather awful I'll admit. It's an old floor.

Before you go condemning what an absolute slob you must be thinking I am to let my floor get to such a state, you have to understand. I'm generally a fastidious and clean person. Just ask Jesse - I don't know how we survived living in the same room growing up together. So having such an atrocious floor is very uncharacteristic. And it almost did me in a few times. But it's unrealistic to keep it clean during construction. And if you're going to just retile it anyway, why not let the paint drip without caring? And look the other way as your husband spraypaints the fireplace and leaves a massive black square in the center of the room. When it's only 20 degrees outside, where else are you going to do it? So, instead I got the best workout I've had in weeks with my mopping. I'm still aching.

I think I can report some much better accomplishments for Bobby... with full-time work (He often gets up at 4:30 to give you an idea of his schedule and gets back anytime from 2 to 5), two evening classes (5:30 three days a week to 7 or 9 pm), a homesick wife, remodeling whenever there was a spare minute (every weekend and any evening without classes), and helping to fix up some projects at Rocky's he has managed two extraordinary things:

1) STRAIGHT A'S IN BOTH EVENING CLASSES!!!

2) A RAISE AT WORK BECAUSE HE'S SUCH A GREAT WORKER!
The boss freely admitted he definitely gets his work out of Bobby.

Isn't he amazing?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Way to go Bobby!! That IS amazing!

And yes, I can attest to Kali's hyperorganization and cleanliness. I was a totaly slob, which she tolerated until my mess began to creep over to her part of the room, which it usually did.