Bobby and I got to go back to Utah and spent several happy days seeing my family again. (Sooooo nice to get away from remodeling and all it's attendent stress!!!) I absolutely love going back home and getting to spend time with my Mom and sisters again. And, of course, everyone else too.
So here's the rundown of my favorite moments:
*Singing Christmas songs and reading our Christmas tradition story of "Stubby Pringles" on Christmas Eve
*Dad's amazing breakfasts. Truly enough reason on their own to go back home! Real whipped cream, perfect hashbrowns, eggs, peaches, yogurt, waffles, cooked apples, homemade grape juice, etc. It's enough to convert anyone to being a breakfast person.
*Shopping with the girls, especially hunting for maternity clothes for Jesse. :)
*Getting to see the ultrasound and the recording of the Grand Announcement of the newest family member. I didn't get to be there in person, so thanks Jess for phoning me and letting me know in person just a little bit sooner than anyone else. It was fun to see everyone's reactions.
*Playing "Imaginiff" with the family. That was this year's newest addition to the game collection. Hilarious! Yes, Grandma would be a caesar salad on a menu; Jenny would respond to aliens "How long will this take?" if she got abducted; Ben would most likely be the drummer in our family in a heavy metal band. Lots of fun.
*Getting to see Ben & Annie and their generosity in hosting dinner at their apartment. I'm still nervous at being a host, so I was quite impressed. And I hope to someday make a turkey as good as Ben's.
*Spending an evening with the Kingerys again. I wish we were closer! Nobody else I know has a hedgehog as a pet in their house.
*Watching Wall-e. Actually, watching Yu Wang watching Wall-e. I'm glad Jenny has great roomates.
*Jenny got a phone! Now I can call her in person.
And so many more happy memories. Love you guys!



3 comments:
What game is your husband and Jesse's husband playing on the computer? Aren't boys so funny?
Mmm. Can I come to your parents house for Christmas next year?!
It was so great to have you home! It made Christmas complete. Now it's our turn to come visit! I can't wait for you to have your house done!
Post a Comment