Well, the carpet is done! And it's sooooooo not purple. We owe a lot of thanks to Rocky for his expertise, and tools, and lending us his time when he still is working on finishing up his own house (Sorry for stealing him the entire day Lindsay!); Rusty for coming to help pitch in; Pop for his use of Oil & Gas huge warehouse floor to lay it all out in and cut it; and Sama, for finding us the carpet in the first place! I think she did more searching than Bobby and I did put together.
We also managed to unload our trailer of "stuff" - everything we haven't seen in five months and were wondering if it still existed. We managed to beat the snow storm that hit that night too, so everything won't get ruined anymore than it possibly already has been. (Slight damage - a stray orange tabby that's been running around apparently found the middle of the trailer and decided it was a good place to sleep. Which is OK, except we had to vacuum and Febreeze all fabrics before it went into the house so I could still breathe afterwards. I'm horribly allergic to cats. And a few boxes had waterdamage but all our favourite books were still OK - huge sigh of relief from me - even if the boxes were a little damp.)
That's our major weekend house progress and hopefully we can start doing the final touches soon, after Bobby is done with finals this week...
2 comments:
Are you guys going to move before you come up for Christmas?? It sounds like you're so close!
I dunno. Probably not if Mom and Dad aren't going to come down after Christmas. We're thinking we should just go ahead and do the kitchen tile while we're living at his parents, it'd be easier. But soon!!!
Post a Comment