Thursday, December 11, 2008

Today I should have...

stayed in bed.

Ever have on of those days where you get to a point and realize, this day really and truly would have gone much better if you had just stayed in bed. It was one of those days.

I was trying to be helpful and went to Lowe's to get (more) paint. I got another quart of a colored one for the bathroom (truly obnoxious to just need a little bit more and have to pay out eleven dollars for a small quart! Do you know how tiny a quart is?) And more primer for the doors 'cause I don't like the nasty old brown so now we have to paint it all over white. (I was stingy and will probably have to go get more. Again. Sheesh.) And the five gallons of commerical white to finish up everything with over the primer (the brown doesn't easily disappear). And may I tell you how EMBARASSING it is to have to try and pick up a full 5 gallon bucket of paint in public and you really can't do it?! I wanted to die on the spot. Getting it from the floor into the cart is terrible - especially that last lift into and over the cart edge. Thank heaven the paint aisle isn't heavily trafficked...and I did refuse the help from the cashier to unload it to my car too. My pride really does cause me some unnecessary trouble. Let's just say I took my sweet time making sure the parking lot was empty to lift it out again.

And then I went to the house and did another coat on the bathroom (someday I will have paint free hands, hair, and clothes. Just not yet.) Then I started to do another coat on the laundry room (our texturing is taking at least two coats to get everything covered decently). And then I realized - the paint on my roller -- and now on the wall -- was not the right color. It wasn't white. It wasn't close to white. It was "Off white". I didn't know it came in off white. But now I do. All five gallons of it.

So, I decided since most paint isn't returnable after it's opened and used, and I really need to finish to get to my job, to go ahead and finish anyway. (I guess the kitchen cabinets will now be an off white. I hadn't made up my mind yet, but it's made up now.) Then the roller handle broke. Or rather, my broom handle broke that was screwed into the roller to make a nice long, easy reaching length.

I should have stayed in bed.

Do you think I can get paint and a broom at Lowe's? I guess I'm going to find out. Or maybe I'll get smart and stay in bed.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I had one of those days too. Only I DID stay in bed all day. Pregnancy migraine. :( I have so much more sympathy for you and Mom now.

And I think Lowes would definitely have paint and a broom. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! I had no idea how intensive your remodeling is!! I loved your description about lifting the 5 gallon bucket of paint :) Good luck with everything, and it looks beautiful!! I especially love your red wall and Bobby's green hulk walls. I am soooo excited to see you soon!