Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm feeling proud of me!

Yep. I'm feeling quite pleased with myself today. Anyone who knows me in the slightest knows I am quiet and timid. So doing what I did yesterday was an achievement.

I hate finding my way to new places. Especially on unfamiliar roads that have been given names instead of a logical and rational numbering grid system. (Who came up with that idea and thought it was a good one?! And why did anyone else agree?!) And on roads that don't have a continuous turn lane but gaps between the barrier in the middle of the road. (Once again - whose idea was that? It's horrible when you miss your turn and you can't just flip around.) And traffic lights that hang sidewise instead of up and down. You never know where to look for the green turn arrow when it's not where it's supposed to be. And you never know the correct speed limit either. Or where the road actually goes up ahead beyond that bend...or if it will even be the same road. They occasionally switch in the middle of a traffic light without warning.

I'm not overly fond of doctors either. I have nothing against them personally, but it's never a good thing to find yourself sitting on the exam table looking one face to face. You have to suppress the "fight or flight" desire. I don't appreciate hospitals. Or getting six vials of blood taken for testing. Especially when there isn't anyone else to hold my hand as that really pointy needle keeps getting closer.

So, all in all, I am very proud of myself for doing all of this on my own. Not that I wanted to, but I did it! As it is, I feel that it would be a worthy investment to get a real map, not the one in the phonebook that has a crease right down the page running directly through the middle of town.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm proud of you too! I'm gonna have to call you to get the 411 on your appointment and tests and everything. Or you could get on IM...

Anna said...

6 vials of blood sounds suspiciously familiar. I hope all is well with you. Good job on doing that all on your own, I'm not fond of it either.

Anonymous said...

Ew! Kali, what on earth does 6 vials of blood mean? That was very brave of you, but why?