Today is my Grandma Jo's Birthday. After talking with her on the phone this morning, I started thinking of all my favorite memories of her and decided I should share a few of them so the rest of the world knows what an awesome lady she is!
- Learning to drive stick in her old Ladybug red car in Preston, Idaho (such patience! who else would try to teach their sixteen year old granddaughter as she kept stalling and jerking?)
- Sharpened crayons! There really isn't anything as comparable as a fresh box of crayons with all the ends still sharp and ready to go.
- Her laugh. All the girls in my family got it...we laugh and it is immediately followed by a small sigh. We can't do it any other way. Put all of us togther and we do it collectively and on cue without thinking about it! Which sets us off again. Sigh. And more laughter. Love it.
- Her optimism. After a broken arm (understatement, shattered arm is probably closer to the truth) she keeps doing physical therapy, and even while comparing it to the torture done in the Tower of London, is grateful for it. And the small things it lets her do again, like tie her shoes and turn the key to unlock the door.
- "Oh, crumb!" Such a Grandma expression.
- Roadtrips to northern Idaho. That was such fun! Just me, her, and Aunt Karen getting lost and finding our way again.
- Learning to knit. She taught me for my Senior Project. I think I should pick it up again.
- I got one of my favorite books when she gave me a giftcard to Hastings for my birthday: Sense & Sensibility.
- Girl's Night during the Priesthood Session. I actually called Bobby for the first time because of my Grandma. He had called and left a message and a phone number but I didn't have the courage to call back. I had never called a guy and this one was gorgeous! But she said it would be rude not to. So, thanks to her comment, and Jesse's written out script, I did...
- Her testimony. I know she loves the gospel.
- Jelly Bellies. I always think of her when I see her favorite treat.
Happy Birthday Grandma!
3 comments:
LOL, that's Grandma alright. Awesome, awesome lady.
Well in case she should read this- Happy Birthday Aunt Jolene!! What fun memories, thanks for sharing Kali.
Oh, yay!! I love Grandma Jo, and you summed her up beautifully. I must add that her sense of humor is FANTASTIC! She's just marvelous.
Post a Comment