Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Feeling old

Bobby woke up Saturday morning and we realized that he couldn't move his neck at all. Somehow during the night the muscles clamped up, seemed to have pulled the vertebrae out of place, and made it impossible to move his head even an inch. At least we speculate that's what happened. So, we spent the whole day trying to get him loosened up - heat, ice, painkillers, tiger balm, and massages (I am the apprentice when the one who really knows how to do it is the one hurting). We rotated through everything a few times and he could finally turn his head a little that evening. We were able to get him into the chiropractor, his parent's home teacher, on Sunday afternoon for an adjustment. And we've tried to keep rotating through methods of relaxing those stiff and sore muscles.

He is now doing so much better that I couldn't keep him home from work. (It's worst than pulling teeth to get him to miss a day, for any reason!) He is almost back to normal now, other than he can't lean his head to the left. Having a body that doesn't work makes me feel old!

3 comments:

Jeralee said...

Ah neck pain, I know it all too well. My shoulder has been causing me problems as of late, with sleeping and everything.

Anyway, I want to suggest a book that will help him work out the pain and knots in his neck. It is called" The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook." I had an adult harp student of mine that recommended it to me last Spring. It has helped a lot. You can get it on Amazon, or at Barnes and Noble, where I purchased mine.

http://www.triggerpointbook.com/

Hope the pain in Bobby's neck lessens and backs off. That really, really bites.

Jessica said...

Poor Bobby! I'm glad he's doing better! Scott complains all the time about how old he feels. He finally went to the Dr yesterday b/c his foot was hurting him--turns out it's fractured! He fractured it running! Who does that?

Scott said...

lots of people dang it.