Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our New House

Alright folks, here they are, just as I promised -- house pictures!
This is what it looks like from the outside. The strip of grass you see is about all the yard there is on front side of the house, and the back side is about the same. The property runs lengthwise instead of widthwise so our plans have to run in a different direction than most houses tend to. The sunflowers are everywhere, but the seller excluded the wagon wheels and red rock from the deal.

This is one view of the livingroom, complete with a really old fireplace. Luckily, Bobby knows all about these things and will be putting in his own wood burning fireplace to replace this fire hazard :) Note the New Mexico decor themes. Usually they consist of dried peppers, kokopelli figures, or the ever popular gecko lizard.


Here is one side of the kitchen. I'm open to color suggestions because I really don't like the wood paneling that wraps around the entire room (and it's buckling off at some points so it has to go anyways). The wallpaper strip of mocha and lattes should probably be replaced too...
I just love the fact it has a small window above the sink, so I think I'll try a mini potted rose plant again where it will get some light. Our last apartment was too dark in the basement.

Aaaahhh, the purple carpet. I just had to show this stuff off! Most of the carpet looks like this, in the livingroom and the hallway...but only this small chunk in the main bedroom which ends at the rug's edge. I think they ran out of purple magic markers part way through the process.

It will not be staying.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

HUZZAH FOR PICTURES!! I see you finally figured the camera out! And I'm so excited to see your new place! I think it'll be fabulous! It definitely needs some love, but I can't think of anyone better to do it. I'm excited to see you guys change it and make it your own. Looks like you guys have plenty of room for your garden and Bobby will have plenty of projects to do!

Kim said...

Pictures! Yes!
Is the seller taking the wagon wheel with them? I had no idea that they were so valuable.
Wow, the carpet is really... purple. How'd they do that?
Keep those pictures coming. We love to see your New Mexico life!

birchfam said...

Yay! Thanks for posting pictures. How fun to have your own first house. The purple carpet is just too funny for words! Good luck and have fun with the fix-up!