Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lucky for you all, I'm home sick this evening with a cold. Lucky for you, because:

a) The guys are at the Jordan Family Home Evening at Sama and Pop's place so I can blog without having to take breaks for "Elmo" online for the littlest guy

b) You can feel the love coming from me, without the catching this cold

So, here are some things we've been up to. (Perhaps I ought to say Jeremiah has been up to .. why do all our photos center on him? Welcome to parenthood!)


Jeremiah is up and walking now. And his new favorite activity is to climb up on the cedar chest, and from there onto our bed, run headlong to the pillow at the other end and fling himself upon them. Gives me a heartattack every time.

I traded for our heavy winter bedspread with matching pillow sets so now there are seven pillows for him to crash into without hitting the headboard. Makes me feel better. And you get two pictures of him with his teddy because it's just so darn cute! Such a huge grin.


He likes to help Mom with whatever she is doing... He has the concept down at least.







And we've been teething with FOUR teeth at once the last few weeks. He's a trooper. I'll be glad when this is done because he's out of excuses for not eating vegetables with these new chompers, can stop chewing his fingers to bits, and the slobber monster will disappear.


Another fun activity: playing in the old files that I put through the paper shredder. I was putting off going through those files for months. If I'd known it could actually turn out fun, I'd have done it along time ago.



We kept the paper shreds out for a few days actually, it was such a blast. (And cheap!)



It was contained to one room though, for my sanity :)




Jesse sent us a package which Jeremiah really got into. Literally.



Such fun stuff! He loved it.


We got a small table and chair set just his size.



He's enjoyed having somewhere his own size to read books, color, and practice eating at a table.


The best thing since the doctor said he had to have chocolate milk to drink to get in more calories.


Along with our bed, he can climb up onto the chairs on his own now. We like to read around here too, can you tell?



Balloons! He's such a huge fan of them. These ones hung around for over a week while we played with them.



Another new hobby - pull off all the shoes in Mom and Dad's closet, then when that pile is large enough you call pull off the clothes and make an even bigger pile. I strive to make sure the door is shut at all times now. Out of sight, out of mind.



This one is blurry, but I still love it.



He chased me around the house that morning with his knit snake saying "hissssssss".



So thanks for the snake Grandma Jo!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so happy to see more pictures of that little man! He's getting all grown up and handsome. I can't wait to see him and all of you in a few weeks!

And I love the picture of him getting into the package we sent. That makes me happy. :) I'll have to show Ellie when she wakes up in the morning.

Jenny said...

Awwwwww. I have the cutest nephew in the world! When on earth did he get so big? I can't wait until Thanksgiving!!