Thursday, September 1, 2011

Summertime

This poor blog has been a bit neglected lately, so here are some photos to try and rectify the situation. Also a small glimpse of what occupies our time of late.

The garden spoils! After an entire season of watering, weeding, keeping the boys and the chickens from uprooting the plants or smashing them with dirt clogs (great fun though it may be - we had a few fatalities along the way), we are finally getting some things from our labors. Basil, real tomatoes, eggs, and green beans were the treaures of this day.


Although I do think this little tyke is the best thing to be found in our garden this year! He's gotten quite adventuresome now that he can walk. (Thanks for the help in that area Tristan!) He chases after our chickens now making "brawwk, brawwk" sounds and small come-here gestures. Adorable!



The one and only bunch of grapes this year. Hmmm. This part still needs some work.




When he's not chasing after the chickens this little fellow is generally digging in the dirt with his designated outside cars, whatever container I have about, and a small spade.


The neighbor's cat. Jeremiah adores cats. This one however is a little shy of him and makes its escape to the tree...


...a rather comfy tree too. Nothing like lounging out on a limb.



This hairy looking patch contains two plants: blackberries and carrots. Yep. Those tall whiteish flower heads are carrots gone to seed in a rather extreme way. They smelled like cherry blossoms too. Kind of awesome.



More garden: cilantro/coriander, basil, cucumber, green beans, leek, cantalope, corn I didn't get to in time, carrots not gone to seed, lettuce, tomatoes, squash and green peppers. The chickens like the peas and tomoatoes and have been confined to their pen until further notice.



The lady folk and the biggest ding dong of the bunch. I say that with true affection. Our rooster, bless him, was not gentlemanly enough to merit a permanent stay with his flock of devotees, so he has been sentenced to a solitary confinement. And that's only because I'm too squeamish to really follow through on threats of chicken noodle soup.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Mmm, that looks like a little piece of heaven. I even have slight chicken envy from those eggs!