And then, every once in awhile, I get lucky with a rare find that does work.
This was a book I grabbed off the library shelf on a whim - it had some photos on the front that looked good. (Yes, I do judge a book by it's cover! The tart on this one won it's way into my pile of to-be-checked-out for this last trip to the library.) And I'm glad it did.

The aim for this cookbook was to compile recipes that are simple classics with an added little unusual twist. Like the deviled eggs we tried - the secret ingredient was honey. Or the roasted Sicilian Onion Salad - slow roasted and tossed with some vinegar, salt and pepper, and herbs. Doesn't get much easier than that! And gosh, these recipes have some good stuff in them! I had to recheck the book out because there were just too many try out.
I also like that every recipes has a note from the authors - the history of the recipe, new adaptations to try, and notes at the end with helpful tips to try out. So it is an engaging read too. And compiled with the busy or amateur cook in mind. This one just might make it onto the list of books to purchase someday...
I'm stealing Jesse's idea of a book review and even her title. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, yes?
4 comments:
Yeah, I guess it's okay...as long as you give me credit for the catchy title. ;) And I'm a sucker for cookbooks with pictures! For some reason, I'm just so much more inclined to make the recipes if I can see the end result. It's very motivating. I think I'm going to have to see if the Provo library has that one!
Looks like I need an invitation to dinner!
I think I should hunt down that book too! Classics with a little twist are fun.
Where can I get this book?! I think you should add a recipe review to your blog. The recipe plus a dashing picture...that would be just perfect. From your dinner table to mine. Uh-huh :)
Post a Comment