Simple things have become much more complicated with Jeremiah - such as eating a meal. Luckily, he has this great chair that will work from infants to toddlers we pulled out and set up on the table so he can eat with us. Or at least that's the theory.
(Bobby first called it The Dungeon. I thought we should give it a positive association instead, so it's now The Throne. If you're wondering, the changing table is his Happy Place.)
This morning he was fussing at breakfast, so I pulled out his little puppy dog too as backup entertainment. Anything to give me a few peaceful minutes to inhale some cold cereal. The dog is Grandma Jo's Christmas gift to him. The tag says his name is "Fetch" but, we didn't feel it would work out very well with that name. It's cute and all, but if Jeremiah ever called out "Fetch" in the middle of the store, or worse, church, it could be easily misinterpreted... So now his name is "Muffin". The inspiration came from Christmas breakfast, which included muffins. We add an adjective onto it sometimes, like Shaggy Muffin or Scruffy Muffin for kicks.
2 comments:
"Happy Place", lol!! I love Muffins and the photo shoot! Ellie also got a toy from Grandma Jo for Christmas--this super cute little frog. Now I'm wondering if he came with a name? Maybe Ellie will have to do a corresponding photo shoot. :)
Inhaling cold cereal! I have some vague memories of days(weeks?months?) like that. Those babies are always hungry when you are. And yet, I can barely remember that feeling now. He's quite cute with Muffin.
Post a Comment