I still haven't gotten over the last ultrasound appointment. They discovered a few signs which could mean this little guy may show up earlier than our last allotted five weeks. But, as they pointed out, you never really know, and there's nothing I can do about it one way or the other. Only at this point if anything does decide to happen, they won't "take extreme measures to stop it" (Doctor's own words). That made me quite flustered. I've become accustomed to the routine doctor appointment - take blood pressure, get weighed, get the belly measured, and then gooped up to listen to the heart beat. (That goopy glob stuff was hot last time too. I guess that's better than cold, but still shocking.) Ask a few questions and then get another appointment for a few weeks later. Quick and easy. This news was a bit of a reality check to say the least. It left me so flustered that Bobby found my keys still in the lock to the house when he came home a few hours later.
- The little zoomer is getting better at his kicks and punches. I have a suspicion he may have taken up break dancing too. We have had to chat about at least changing up his aim to spread things out more evenly instead of focusing in on one spot.
- He's still hanging out on the right side. We have no idea why and the doctor is stumped too.
- Hiccups. He'll get them about once a day, maybe twice, for a few minutes. I love it.
- Heparin shots. Yuck. That will be something good if he comes early - no more shots! These ones I have to take twice a day instead of once. Shudder. The syringes the pharmacy gave me are super thin, but so long they're a major pain to use. I'm managing to do half of them myself now, thanks to a good coach.
- Bumping into things. I forget I can't squeeze through small spaces anymore.
- Backaches. I realized my back was killing me doing the dishes last night and it took a minute to figure out why: I can't stand close to the sink anymore, so I have to bend over a bit further to reach it. And everything else for that matter.
4 comments:
Cute belly! Can't wait to see pictures of that little boy. Congratulations on 35 weeks! It's really good news that they'll let him come now if he wants to... really good news.
Due dates are torture devices Kali. Babies come most often at 38-42 weeks. Some as early as 36. If your Dr isn't worried, you really don't need to be. If he is looking ready to come, that is a good sign! You are looking great, and soon the discomforts of pregnancy will be behind you, replaced by the adventures of motherhood. It's amazing, and I know you will be an amazing mom.
Ha ha, we've got a little break dancer in the family, eh? And Ellie loved my right side too, must run in the family. Thank you for the belly picture!!! You look so cute! I'm so excited to meet your little zoomer!
You look fabulous! I'm so excited for your little family. Good luck these last few weeks. They can feel so LONG!
Post a Comment