Monday, May 18, 2009

TAG

What are your middle names?
Bobby Wayne and Kali Marie. Neither of us know why we got those ones.

How long have you been together?
2 years and 10 months. Our three year anniversary will be in July! (Wow, time flies when you're having fun.)

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Hmmm. Well, we met once at Institute choir and then Bobby asked me out. So not very long at all. Dating was how we got to know each other.

Who asked who out?
Bobby asked me. And I couldn't have been more thrilled. :)

How old are each of you?
Bobby is 27 and I'm 23 (until next month at least)

Whose siblings do/did you see the most?
When we were in Utah, mine, and now we're in New Mexico, his. Makes sense.

Do you have any children together?
Our first one is on its way!!!! I'm about eleven weeks along and we're looking at having our first child here by the beginning of December. We got to hear the heartbeat about two weeks ago and that was absolutely amazing.

What about pets?
Nope. Both too allergic.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
I would saying moving to New Mexico, remodeling a house, Bobby going to school and working full time, and living with the in-laws.

Did you go to the same school?
Nope.

Are you from the same home town?
Not even the same home state. Lindon, Utah, and Farmington, New Mexico.

Who is smarter?
I don't think either is "smarter"-- we're each better in different areas. I can't compete with Bobby with anything home repair (thank heavens!) or anatomy/medical related stuff and I'm better at English (yes, I am the bookworm). Put us together, and you've got one intelligent all around person!

Who is more sensitive?
Well, if it comes down to showing tears, me. "Emotional" might be a better term though, or "hormonal". :)

Where do you eat out the most as a couple?
We're actually both quite frugal. When we do go out, it tends to be Subway on our trips back to Utah so I don't have to make more sandwiches. We both like Chili's and Costa Vida too, on special occasions.

Where is the farthest you two have traveled as a couple?
New Mexico and Idaho.

Who has the craziest exes?
Neither. At least, none that I know of.

Who has the worst temper?
Me. Comes with the "hormonal" thing...

Who does the cooking?
Me. Although Bobby makes the most awesome Orange Julius ever.

Who is more social?
We're both kind of quiet, but I'd say Bobby. He disagrees.

Who is the neat-freak?
Oh boy. I get that one by miles and miles.

Who is more stubborn?
Hmmm. I've found it depends on the situation really. We take turns.

Who hogs the bed?
Bobby. Definitely Bobby. I don't know how a person can sprawl so much when they sleep. He's getting a little better at not grabbing the sheets when he rolls over and leaving me uncovered in the cold. We'd end up with a silent, somewhat unconscious tug of war.

Who wakes up earlier?
Also Bobby. He complains if he sleeps in too late. (We have very different ideas of what constitutes "too late"). I think the later, the better. At least the last few weeks. I also think setting an alarm for Saturday morning is unhealthy.

Where was your first date?
To an Institute Dance. I swore I would never, never, never go to an Institute Dance. Obviously that lasted real long when Bobby asked me on a date - I was a goner from the beginning. He still is able to get me to do stuff nobody else can. Like the big, tall, scary, slide at Seven Peaks; eat peanut butter; etc.

Who has the bigger family?
We both have five kids in our families -- two brothers, two sisters. Although he has more nieces and nephews...at the moment. For extended family, I win. Not many can beat 70 odd cousins, on one side.

Do you get flowers often?
I just got some once we found out we were pregnant. He prefers to buy me actual plants that will grow and bloom again. Mini-roses were great, until the spider mites ate them all. Stupid bugs.

How do you spend the holidays?
With family.

Who is more jealous?
I think I would be. Bobby doesn't give me much reason for jealousy, so this one is a mystery.

How long did it take to get serious?
We met in October, were engaged in March, and married by July. You tell me.

Who eats more?
Bobby. He's trying to convince me I need to "eat for two" now. I remind him it's still a very, very small "two".

Who does laundry?
Me. But he does fold on occasion.

Who's better with the computer?
Me. But I work on it all day long from home, so I have more practice.

Who drives when you are together?
Bobby. I really like to avoid driving whenever possible. He's a good sport - he'll drive the fourteen hours round-trip when we go to Utah so I can nap all I want.


9 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! That is so great!

Anna said...

Congratulations on your little one! I'd heard a rumour trickle down from Grandma and Grandpa that you were, but it's even better to hear it from you. And it was fun reading all of the other little thigns about the 2 of you too. I can honestly not ever picture you losing your temper Kali. I can't picture anyone in your family losing their tempers. And yet, being a Langford and Stewart myself, I know the struggle with temper.

Jeralee said...

Delurking to say Congratulations! What a great surprise! We always hear things months after the fact. he he... That will be good that both you and Jessica will have kids at least 5 -6 months apart.

It is interesting to get to know more about you!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad the news is finally out! And I loved the tag--I didn't know you married a bed hog too! When we were first married, I wouldn't do anything about it when he took up the whole bed or stole all the covers. I've definitely gotten over that, ha ha!

And Anna's comment made me laugh. I CAN picture you losing your temper! It's a silent yet very frightening thing indeed, LOL.

halley said...

You two are soo cute!! I completly agree with you on the whole setting the alarm on Saturday thing. Really it's just sick an wrong!!

Maria said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting!

Jen :) said...

Oh! You're so cute! :)

Chelle said...

Congratulations on the baby! I'm so excited for you! And for you and Jessica to be so close together...how fun!
Congrats! I'll have to get your email and send you the fabulous magic routine to get your little one sleeping through the night!

Kali said...

I would love to have the magic routine! I hope our kids are as adorable as Porter and Bridger. kalistewart@yahoo.com