
I must say, I really dislike Disney's animated version of "Peter Pan". Peter's character irritates me to no end -- so egotistical. But I enjoyed seeing "Finding Neverland" and how the story came about. And, of course, there are the endless processions of remakes and add-ons. (Pluh-eeeaaase, Disney, did you really have to go into your 'let's make a sequel' mode again?!) You would think nothing else could be done to the story and actually come out good... and I'm a fan of a good original. Why tamper with a good thing?
But I'm quite glad the authors of this book did not have such an opinion. It was such fun to listen to! Jim Dale did the narrating, the same guy who did all the Harry Potter series. He does a great job. It amazes me how many characters come through just one voice. This book is based on the original story, you know, a bad pirate named Hook and a boy who can fly and never grows old. But how did they get that way? This book answers those lingering questions and adds it's own story behind the story. Great imagination, yet, you can still the original story behind it all. Loved it. If you get the chance, I would recommend this book. It just made me smile and even laugh outloud.
Best yet, it even has a sequel that was as good as the first one. The fun continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment