Sunday, March 1, 2009

No-bake cookies


Sundays Bobby and I like to cook together. We generally tend to do desserts or something to satisify our sweet tooth. (He got me a set of three chocolate cookbooks which fulfills this purpose quite well.) So today, we decided to do a batch of no-bake cookies.

We pulled out my recipe of no-bake cookies and started to
dump
ingedients into a sauce pan. Bobby gave me a funny look when I added a few teaspoons of cocoa and asked, "Is that it?" Well, yeah. That's what the recipe calls for.

He kept giving me these pained looks as we were cooking. His concerned finally spilled out: "This will only make about four cookies!"

So, we had to call up his sister and get the correct recipe; the one which would make a proper amount of cookies. Sure enough, it called for a lot more cocoa. And everything else.

Bobby started out this batch by bringing out one of my larger pots and happily plunking it on a burner. This recipe, he announced, needed a lot more mixing and stirring room....

1 comment:

Amy said...

I really think that mid Feb through mid-March is No Bake Cookie month. Everywhere I turn these things are taunting me! :) They look GOOOOD.