I am now the Mia Maid Advisor!
And I don't feel old enough for this. How have I gone from being one of the girls to the leader?
But, I guess maybe I have grown up because a new value has been added to the theme which wasn't there before: Virtue. And it's color is gold. So at least some things have changed to prove to me that times have kept on flying by.
I have been thinking and wondering how am I supposed to do this calling. It's frightening, overwhelming (my previous teaching experiences were roughly the 30 second timespan of all the nursery kids), and maybe even exciting (do I get to go to YW camp? gulp.) And I've also been thinking about my own past Young Women's leaders. They were great. If I could be even close to a Sister Allred or Sister Sullivan, I would have it made. I wish I could tell them thank you again and again and again.
So, I'm taking a big breathe, squaring my shoulders, and reminding myself it is possible to have a little fun along the way.
(And maybe if you have any insights, experiences, or feelings on my first lesson, "Supporting family members," you could share them as a comment!)
3 comments:
I loved my YW leaders and they will love you - remember how there was always one who was really young and cute and you could TOTALLY relate to? That's you! :) Enjoy!
My opinion is that you will be great at this. And you have a pretty supporting family all around- so your lesson should be fairly easy.
Oh Kali! I'm envious, and I think you will be wonderful. Just remember that the greatest leaders are usually the most loving. Share yourself with them, and they'll be lucky to know you :)
Post a Comment