Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So near, so far

We're getting so close to finally being able to paint our house and yet it still feels forever away. It will be a relief to see new paint on the walls, some major visual progress towards repairing instead of just tearing down.

The bathroom is being pieced back together. We now have a shower and walls again! Without any mold I might add. The fireplace venting has been corrected, we have three new windows to help with both the cold and the noise from outside, and are laying on mud everywhere to help even out all the nail holes and other holes. This house has more than its fair share of holes too I might add. I'm becoming quite an expert at pulling nails, screws, anchors, staples, hooks, and other objects without a name out of the sheetrock. Just add some decent colors, instead of purple everywhere, and clean the walls and it will look like a completely new place. Maybe then I can finally stop dreaming of color swatches!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like you guys are getting close! You should post pictures of the bathroom that's finished!

halley said...

Ha ha I hear ya on the color swatch thing!!!