Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Funeral and gospel perspective

Bobby and I spent most of today in Colorado. Bobby's great-grandma Alice Kimball just passed away and the funeral services were held in her old hometown. It sounds like she was a wonderful lady and such a loving person. From the few and brief instances when I met her, I can easily see how she was everything they said. My own last memory of her is quietly sitting besides her on the couch and holding her hand. She couldn't see anymore, was such a tiny frail person, but I still felt welcome just to pass the time by her side.

It's always sad when someone we know passes onto the next phase of their journey and we are temporarily seperated from them. But how grateful I am for the gospel! It can give us such peace and hope for the future. My family is the absolutely most important thing to me in my life. Isn't it wonderful to know that we go on forever?

I love you guys!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like the funeral was really nice. I'm so glad you guys could go. I feel so lucky to have been able to know some of my great-grandparents and I'm glad that Bobby had that chance too.