Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Utah and back again

Bobby and I had a great weekend in Utah. For me, it was some much needed therapy to get away from the construction on the house and have some time alone with just Bobby and talk about anything and everything. You can do that with such a long car trip. And just getting to hug my Mom again was worth the 14 hours in the car. It was just wonderful to be home again and here are a few of the highlights of this trip:

1) Dad's big Saturday breakfast, which is always delicious.
2) Attending the Provo temple - this was our temple living in Provo so it's quite familiar to us. It was also great to drive passed BYU Campus again. It's so nice to be able to run to a session and still have the rest of the day to do what you like with. Now going to the Albuquere Temple is an all day affair and takes some serious planning.
3) Taking a girl's evening walk with Jesse and my Mom around the block and running into old neighbors. If only Jenny had been there too!
4) Listening to Joe crooning. That boy has talent! I wish I could record him and just keeping listening to it. It feels like home when Joe is expressing himself musically. I came home with My Fair Lady stuck in my head after listening to him.
5) Making chocolate chip cookies and eating all the dough. Probably more dough got eaten than cookies baked :)
6) Getting seeds for our garden. Mom was very generous and let me take back some of her seeds she has harvested from her plants this year. I can't wait to see the flowers blooming and smell the basil.
7) Bobby playing a computer game. It was nice to see him get some down time. Work, evening classes, and a home remodel keep him busy all the time now.
8) Making face masks. My Dad brought home some bandages with plaster that they used in his sixth grade class to make face masks for their Egyptian section. So we got to lather up Bobby, Joe, and my Dad with Vaseline and do them too.
9) Retrieving Bobby's fire starter pieces he had cut up at our old apartment and accidently left during the move. Strange to be back there and yet not be there too. It was good to be in the 'ole neighborhood.
10) Visiting, even briefly, with Kingerys. We saw Ashley's latest pet, a hedgehog. Funny little creature - all prickly on the top and soft on the bottom. He was quite small and liked to explore. Apparently hedgehogs have a very sensitive nose; he kept smelling and wiggling his nose trying to find the cat food (a hedgehog's idea of a treat).

I'm already counting down until we get to go again at Christmas. Just two more months....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I realize that I am to blame for most of the cookie dough not getting baked, but I don't think that cookie dough should be baked, so I won't apologize. ;) I'm counting down until Christmas! I'm ready to have you guys back again! Less than two months to go!