Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bobby's Birthday!!!

Last Thursday was Bobby's birthday and we decided since we were in New Mexico for the occasion, which hasn't happened in several years, to throw a family party. We had dinner and dessert ready for everyone. I have to brag just a little bit because I successfully made bread on my own for the first time ever! (Previous attempts even the birds wouldn't eat...what a crush to my ego! It has taken two intense learning courses with a girl's afternoon clinic with my Mom and sisters, and another refresher course with Grandma Josie to pull this off.) And this was how they turned out..
Tah Dah! I think I might have to scrapbook this picture. It's the best I've ever done on bread. We also made Bobby's favorite white bean chili - which everyone ate and liked! Not a small accomplishment when there are 17 people eating it, one of which hates green chiles. This soup has copius amounts of green chiles so Pop eating seconds was a huge compliment. We also made one of Bobby's favorite desserts: Chocolate Peanut Butter Amazing Molten Cake.

I tried to be a little creative and make Bobby some shirts with the Eragon logo on them. I found a couple of really neat logo designs online, altered them slightly with the old school Paint program--believe me, there are reasons for upgrades to other programs--and with some help from his Mom, ordered shirts and made some iron-on transfers. (Thanks to Matt & Jenny and Jesse for this great gift idea!) The white t-shirt turned out the best as far as visibility but the brown one is still my favorite. I also made a black t-shirt but the logo hardly showed up at all, which was a bit disappointing. But I figure Bobby can wear it anyways.


Bobby got some more tools and clothes, like this funky hat to keep his ears warm on cold mornings.

Thanks to everyone who called, sent e-mails, and sent cards to help make this a special day!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You've made good bread before! You sell yourself short. But I think I need to get that recipe from you! I would love to try bread bowls! How can your FIL live in New Mexico and not like chiles? And man, I miss your molten chocolate cake! That stuff is amazing! Your t-shirts turned out really good!

I'm glad you Bobby had a good birthday! We miss you guys.