Monday, September 22, 2008

Brisingr

It's here! After anxiously awaiting for over a year, we finally have the next book in our possession.

The book came out at midnight Friday night and you could find us at Hastings, nonchalantly perusing the aisles but really keeping an eye on the length of the line. We had hoped to post some pictures to document our adventure, but no one dressed up and there were no tussles of obnoxious fans grappling to get a copy. Instead, we hooked up with Bobby's sister Kristi and some neighbors also awaiting the moment the cashiers opened for a flood of business. We did almost have a moment of panic, when the last two unreserved copies were announced. (We had not reserved one - if they were going to sell more the next day we thought for sure they would have to have a surplus available...) Luckily for us, after a flash of quick thinking, Kristi who was making her purchase bought both and handed one copy to us who were standing right behind her and next in line to be sure that Bobby got one.

Now we are reading it outloud to each other in our spare moments. So, if you finish before we do, no giving away the ending!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey, I've finally found some time to get into Eragon and I really like it! Way better than the movie. I've read enough to know that Brisinger means "fire." I feel so smart. ;)