I must admit that watching the Olympics is one of my favorite things. Bobby has discovered his enjoys it too - he's never really sat down and watched them. We caught the parade of nations coming into the stadium, keenly interested in the different countries (some of which we didn't know existed), their population, their costumes, the events they aim to compete in, and the number of athletes per country. Although I'm disappointed we missed the opening ceremony - they are always worth watching. They come up with such amazing things and creativity to introduce the rest of the world to their nation. Next time around I'll have to introduce Bobby to them.
We tuned in Saturday morning to Women's Volleyball, US against Japan. Wow. I've never really understood volleyball but it made a lot more sense watching someone play as an expert. It's hard to believe how fast the ball travels. We've catch glimpses of swimming, the bike race (150 miles in a day!), and gymnastics so far. Can't wait to see what else happens!
1 comment:
Man, you have got to find a recording of the opening ceremony. It was amazing! Since we have cable now, we get the olympics on three diff channels, so the TV is on constantly! I've watched swimming, boxing, cycling, skulling, fencing, rowing, water polo, gymnastics, handball, and volleyball. And Scott's watched a lot more than me! We're Olympic bingers, I'll admit it.
Post a Comment