Monday, June 30, 2008

House Huntin'

Well, house hunting isn't all it's cracked up to be...too big, too small, too old, too new, too expensive and all too far away in New Mexico. After looking at apartments in Farmington (very scary I might add) we're looking at the option of possibly purchasing.

Which brings a whole new set of problems.

All I can say is thank goodness for family who help us every step of the way. Bobby's family has looked all over town for us and run after faint leads we give them. They even go around knocking on doors to find anywhere available (go Kristi!). Then they offer the final sacrifice: we can live with them until we're able to come up with something. I guess a house doesn't always make a home, but family can.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay for homeownership! How great to have such wonderful family that would let you stay with them! That's a comfort to know you can always fall back on them.

Scott said...

Congrats on your first post, and welcome to the Wide World Of Blogging.

Kim said...

Oh, yes! I love to see that your blog is up and running. I feel a lot better knowing that I can peek into your life every now and again. How great!
You sound so grown up...house hunting and all.