Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happy Halloween

Halloween was more fun this year at our house since Jeremiah was finally old enough to get into it a bit more. We created his first ever jack-o-lantern!  He was so cute about it, calling it a "pumpkin puzzle", and putting all the cut out pieces back into their places.  And I discovered I can't roast pumpkin seeds. The burnt aftermath smelled horrible; I thought we would give it a go at least for the sake of tradition.  I think that particlar tradition may not make it at our house...



 Thanks again and again for the legos Uncle Joe! He wouldn't even look up to smile for the camera which has never happened before.  He loves them.


We didn't dress Jonathan up this year, although I was very much wanting a mini dragon costume for him.  Instead he went as his uber adorable self, sporting the appropriate holiday attire. 


Jeremiah is getting to the point where he can share some toys with Jonathan now.  They have fun together already.  :)


Jeremiah was obliging enough to lick the beater after we made frosting and puffy ghosts.  Yum.  As if this holiday didn't contain enough sugar, we went and deliberately made more.  And cupcakes - not my thing.  Next year I'm doing cookies for our tri-ward Halloween fest, far easier. 


Jonathan is getting better at being on his tummy.  He always does much better if Jeremiah gets down and plays with him. 
 

The reason I wanted a mini dragon costume was to go with out knight!  (It's a sword people, NOT a light saber.  It was just cool enough to glow-in-the-dark too. )


I didn't know if a costume would go over this year.  Jeremiah resisted every fitting we did to make his knight tunic, but the sword was the key ingredient to making it happen.  It was magical. 


Hope your Halloween was as smashing a success as ours was! 


No comments: