It's a foggy white world outside my windows this morning. Very unusual for New Mexico. But with a fire flickering in the fireplace, the Christmas gifts still laying about the house, just me and my boy together today, it feels near perfect (Bobby would have to be home from work too for true perfection). I've learned that strangely enough, I really truly enjoy having the company of a tiny toddler around. It's sooo much better doing laundry with someone throwing in the socks into the washer and doing a victory dance when he scores; or rearranging the tupperware in the cupboard beside me while I do the dishes.
He woke up early this morning at 5:3o (sigh) but after exploring his room for a bit, crawled over to me and wanted to be held. He even laid his head on my shoulder for a moment, amazing since he really isn't a cuddler. Later, while evading getting dressed this morning, he pulled out several books from his bookshelf. So I grabbed one to read before wrestling him into proper clothes. It was called "Kiss, Kiss", a cute little story about a Babby Hippo who forgot to give his Mum a kiss before leaving to play. The book hasn't caught his attention until now. The best part -- during one portion where "kiss, kiss" is repeated, he looked up at me, puckered his little lips, and gave his own Mom a kiss.
So, I hope the for a little while at least, the fog lasts and I can stay tucked in my own happy little world with my own sweet boy.
1 comment:
Mmm, we've had fog lately too and I kinda dig it. It just makes your world feel smaller and cozier. :)
And yay for Mommy kisses! I can never get enough.
Post a Comment