Monday, July 13, 2009

It Came Back!

Pregnancy can really take it out of you. You're always tired, exhausted, sluggish, and looking forward to the next nap, even if you just woke up from one. It's a good day when you make it out of bed and a great day if you managed to get dressed in something besides the really comfy pants and baggy t-shirt you wore the day before. It's even an extraordinary one if something gets done, like laundry.

Yesterday evening I felt something I haven't felt in months: energy. It was an absolute rush! It was a jolt to my system. The brain fog cleared for a brief time and I felt I could do something. For the first time I pulled out my cook book for fun to look through. It was an old favorite pastime that left when the morning sickness walked through the door - I haven't been able to look at food pictures or recipes for ages. Amazing how easy menu and meal ideas flow when food sounds appealing. (Cold cereal and frozen burritos have been our mainstay for survival. Thank you Malt-O-Meal.) The dishes got cleaned up instead of being left on the counter; made Bobby's lunch for the next day; and then decided to clean up the sticky spots on the floor left from making our cherry jam. Bobby actually started to laugh at me as I danced by him with Swifter mop in hand and asked, "What are you doing mopping the floor at ten p.m.?!" Well, that's what happens when you finally feel good again.

I'm feeling preggo again today. It's only sheer will power that got the garden watered and found me at my work shift. But now there's hope - my energy came back once. It could happen again!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for you! Way to go!

Jessica said...

I hope it comes back again! I could use some of that myself.