
Windy. Breezy. Blowing. It just won't stop!
And it just keeps on bringing in all the tumbleweed from all over the state of New Mexico to collect in our yard. I keep listening to the wind howling around the house and yard. I make a mental note to be sure to break out the hairspray before leaving out the door or the tangles will be impossible to manage. Be sure to grab a jacket too, even if it is sunny outside. It's amazing no one has put up any windmills to create electricity - it seems like it would be an easy resource to harness down here. It's ususally not so bad in the mornings, but it always picks up again in the afternoons. You could almost tell the time of day by the wind.
I should buy a kite.
Or maybe just create the first annual tumbleweed distance racing contest.
And it just keeps on bringing in all the tumbleweed from all over the state of New Mexico to collect in our yard. I keep listening to the wind howling around the house and yard. I make a mental note to be sure to break out the hairspray before leaving out the door or the tangles will be impossible to manage. Be sure to grab a jacket too, even if it is sunny outside. It's amazing no one has put up any windmills to create electricity - it seems like it would be an easy resource to harness down here. It's ususally not so bad in the mornings, but it always picks up again in the afternoons. You could almost tell the time of day by the wind.
I should buy a kite.
Or maybe just create the first annual tumbleweed distance racing contest.
3 comments:
Ooh, I just noticed you put the beans and rice recipe on the side! Thanks!
And have fun w/ that wind. We've had crazy wind the past couple of days, but it's just blown around snow, no tumbleweeds.
Good luck with the kite. Cedar City is like that too, and we can't fly kites. If there is wind- it is too strong for the kites and just knocks them down. You have great sympathy from me
I like your windmill idea.
And did you take that picture of that tumbleweed? It's easily the biggest I have ever seen. I might run the other way if I saw that thing coming.
Post a Comment