Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Demolition Derby

I think it would be nice to buy a house and move in immediately. We seem to like to take the more difficult path though...

I love the word "project" - although I don't think it's proper definition does it justice. My own definition would have to include the idea of more time, energy, frustration, and funds than originally intended. The eternal optimist enters a "project" expecting to be able to accomplish what they set out to do within a specified time limit, quickly and smoothly. The true project however, requires a complete and total upset of the original plan. Our house has become a series of true and real life projects.

In our demolition derby of house remodeling, I am learning a lot of new skills. Like pulling off trim and baseboards; scraping off liquid nails (it doesn't by the way, so don't try it); spackling a multitude of holes; and scraping off the linoleum in the bathroom. The more skilled individuals are completely remodeling the bathroom, have replaced a window, redone the house locks, and sheet rocked the kitchen. And a must on our list of projects is to put in a light in the livingroom. It's an odd peculiarity that the old houses here in New Mexico all lack a light in the livingroom. We haven't figured out why this is.

So if you don't hear from us much, we're plugging away a bit at a time on our project list trying to reach the finish line of our demolition derby.
(This is one method of our stress control: pull out every kind of ice cream in the house and pig out!)

2 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

I'm pretty sure I've never seen that many different kinds of ice cream in one house before. Wow!!! Good luck with the remodeling.

Jessica said...

LOL, I just keep laughing looking at all that ice cream. Eight diff kinds of ice cream looks like a good stress reliever! The remodeling actually sounds like it's coming along really well!

(I love your new pic up top, btw. Very sweet.)